In the Private and Public Sectors:
- Analyst of private sector strategy and public sector policy, interim manager and advisor on organizational change, mentor and trainer, consultant in applied communications, manager of major proposal efforts, and writer of corporate communications and public information materials.
- Advisor and researcher on issues pertaining to urban agglomeration, density, and economic and demographic change.
- More than 150 clients to date in fields including: accountancy, biomedicine, broadcasting, education, engineering and construction, export promotion and investment attraction, human resources, infrastructural development, monuments preservation, museums and the arts, oil and gas, petrochemicals, telecommunications, transportation, urban and regional development, and other fields.
- List of past clients includes: City of Amsterdam, City and Port of Rotterdam, Czech Telecom, the European Investment Bank, the Jewish Historical Museum Amsterdam, Korn/Ferry International, Koç Group, KPMG, KPN Royal Dutch Telecom, Netherlands Broadcasting Authority (NOS), Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency, Rockefeller University, Schiphol Airport Authority, Solvay, Swiss Telecom, US Commission for the Preservation of America’s Heritage Abroad, World Trade Center Amsterdam, and others.
- Author and ghost writer of publications on proposals management, project management, forecasting in urban government, jobs creation, and other subjects.
In Academics and Research:
- Independent researcher in the history and analysis of national identities, the reciprocal relationship between national and group identities and the development and maintenance of infrastructure, and connections between urban history and philosophic thought.
- Independent fieldwork on the prospects of the port function of Istanbul, the suburbanization of Istanbul’s traditional urban core, and the endurance of traditional urban trajectories vs. the nostalgic conservation of monuments of stone.
- Former William J. Fulbright Research Scholar in the History of Art and Architecture.
- Former specialist in the history of Ottoman-era architecture and the architectural patrimony of ethnic and religious minorities in Southeast Europe and present-day Turkey.
- Publications on Ottoman architecture and infrastructure in the Balkans, the history of Balkan Muslims, the history and historiography of European Roma (Gypsies), and related subjects.
In the Arts:
- Collected, exhibited, and grant-winning medium-format architectural and portrait photographer.
- Award-winning writer/director of documentary and promotional films.
- Native New Yorker; dual citizen of the USA and the Netherlands. Currently working from bases in Brooklyn, New York and in Southeast Europe (Sofia, Bulgaria and Istanbul, Turkey).
- Languages: Fluent English and Dutch; conversational Bulgarian, German, and Spanish; some Hebrew and French; very rudimentary Turkish.
- Graduate of Seward Park , the belated high school of Manhattan’s Lower East Side; AB degree in Philosophy (Guilford College); graduate fellow in Philosophy (Boston College); MS in Urban Affairs and Policy Analysis (Center for New York City Affairs, New School for Social Research).
- Available on short notice for strategic and change consultancy, project and interim management, coaching and training, and communications and writing assignments worldwide.
- Also available for architectural and industrial photography and photo-journalistic assignments from selected companies, institutions, and publications.
- In addition, actively seeking grants, fellowships, or affiliations in support of my independent research projects and and on-going photographic work.